- This event has passed.
Shootout for Soldiers: Atlanta
May 19, 2018 - May 20, 2018
The Shootout for Soldiers is a 24 hour lacrosse game benefiting wounded American military members. The event is fun. It’s not a tournament, nor is it about recruiting. The event is all about supporting those who serve our country. There are 24 1-hour games. There are two teams: Stars and Stripes, and registered players will be grouped into either team once they register. The score is cumulative!
Event benefits Semper Fi Fund, Gary Sinise Foundation, and Army Ranger Lead the Way Fund, as well as various local charities varying by location.
Our Mission: To use the platform of lacrosse to engage communities with their local veterans and support their healthy and successful transition into civilian life
Our Philosophy: We have 3 goals for the Shootout for Soldiers: Educate the community about veterans issues, Engage the community with local veterans and Support veterans through the work of established and impactful charities. With over 40,000 veterans charities out there, there’s no reason for us reinvent the wheel, that’s why we support you all. We have partnered nationally with four incredible organizations for 2017.
Local Support in 2017: Each event will donate 20% of its fundraising to two local veterans charities that work primarily in the region of the event. The other 80% from each event will be pooled and split between our four national charity partners.
To register: http://shootoutforsoldiers.com/register/
Questions, contact: http://shootoutforsoldiers.com/contact/
About Us Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6tSSydJtI8