- This event has passed.
2nd Annual Semper Fi 5K
July 2, 2011 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Washington, DC – The 2nd Annual Semper Fi 5K Run/Walk hosted by Zach Burstein will be held at Anacostia Park in Washington, DC. Proceeds from the run will be donated to the Semper Fi Fund.
Building upon the success of their first 5K last year, which attracted over 350 participants and raised more than $19,000 in donations for the Semper Fi Fund, they’ve teamed up with Pacers Running Stores and their 5K will be a “single point” bonus event in their 2011 Race Series. Additionally, they are upgrading to the ChronoTrack timing system (D-tag) based on helpful feedback from 2010.
Entries are limited so please sign up early to lock in a low registration fee and ensure your spot in this year’s race!
Please help this event meet the fundraising goal of $20,000 and make a difference for our injured Marines and their families.
- Who: All runners and walkers are welcome
- What: 5K run/walk to benefit the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund
- When: Saturday, July 2, 2011 – 8:00am (rain or shine – (race number pick-up begins at 6:30am)
- Where: Anacostia Park, Washington D.C.
- Why: To raise money and awareness for the Semper Fi Fund
- Details: $10 registration fee (Rises to $15 on May 1st and $20 on June 25th) along with a minimum $25 donation to the Semper Fi Fund is required to participate. T-shirts will be provided to all runners and volunteers.